AWS re/Start is a full-time, classroom-based skills development and training program that prepares individuals for careers in the cloud and connects them to potential employers.
A technology background is not required to apply. The program is focused on unemployed or underemployed individuals, including military veterans, their families, and young people.
AWS re/Start is a free 12 week bootcamp to kickstart your career in tech as a Cloud Support Practitioner — run in collaboration with Amazon Web Services and Prince’s Trust.
Take the Where Do I Belong in Tech Quiz to see if this is the right programme for you.
You don’t need any existing experience or qualifications to be part of this AWS re/Start training programme
About the Curriculum
AWS re/Start curriculum teaches AWS Cloud fundamentals to help learners succeed in entry-level cloud positions. Through real-world, scenario-based exercises, labs, and coursework, learners build Linux, Python, networking, security, and relational database skills.
Learners receive job-specific training on building effective front-line support, troubleshooting, escalation, and task automation techniques. AWS re/Start also provides learners with professional skills including effective communication, collaboration, resume writing, and interview coaching to prepare them for employer meetings and interviews.
- Full-time availability to attend training Monday–Friday for 12 weeks
- Ability to start a full-time job after course completion
- Excitement to launch a career in cloud computing
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
What To Expect In AWS re/Start Tech Career?
- Free training and qualification You’ll learn all you need to be successful in a cloud technology career – from the coding languages & technical knowledge of cloud computing to the employment skills that will help you achieve your potential. At the end of the programme you’ll be ready to take your AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification – and we’ll fund you to do it.
- Connect with employers At the end of the programme, Generation will connect you with employers hiring for cloud and devops engineer roles, support you through your application, and help you transition into your working life.
- Free travel and lunch And if you’re receiving universal credit or other benefits, we’ll work with you to make sure you continue to receive these during the programme.